Coach Spencer Runs in the Woods

Coach Spencer Runs in the Woods

Monday, June 2, 2008

Crowder's & Kings Mountain

Hot weekend! 92 both days when I ran. Saturday, the fam hiked to the top of Crowder's Mountain. It was Wren's first big excursion and I was so proud of her. Steep, but smooth 1 mile trail before getting to the 300+ stairs. She didn't complain or ask to stop. At one point, she did say, "Dad, these legs are going to fall off my body." I ran an hour after that. Dragging in the heat towards the end.

2.5 hours the next day at Kings Mountain State Park in SC. This was my first time there. Trail is fairly rocky and hilly. Horseflies swarmed my head for 30 minutes. I HATE that. I still haven't seen a snake this year. Last year at this time, I'd seen a dozen. Saw a snake skin in the trail today.

Today (Monday) I'm way more sore than I should be. I attribute it to the heat mainly, but the hills had something to do with it, I'm sure. My calves cramped a little in the last hour yesterday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww!

Bedrock said...

Kings Mountain is a lot of fun. I haven't run there since March and suspected it would be tough with the full canopy and the heat. Let's circle up for a run soon.