Coach Spencer Runs in the Woods

Coach Spencer Runs in the Woods

Monday, February 1, 2010

Nice Week

Nothing epic this past week, but it was a nice one...

Last weekend, I thought about running a 1/2 marathon at the Whitewater Center, but we got a lot of rain, it was kinda pricey & I was still having hip flexor problems from the New Year's race. If I had been registered, I would've run it, but decided to stay home. Instead, on Sunday, I went out to a new park for me- North Mecklenburg Park in Huntersville. It's near my parents' house. I ran two 4 mile loops and went pretty hard the first loop & ran as fast as I could the 2nd loop. Second loop was 4:00 faster than the first. Felt good to go at race pace. Made me want to do some shorter distance races. I really never ever run local road or trail races. North Meck Park was fun. Fairly technical with some roots but not bad. Roots seemed to pop up more quickly on the faster loop!

Good results from our track meet this week, with our boys 4x800 finally qualifying for the state meet & our girls 4x400 and 1000m individuals running some impressive times.

We got about 2" of snow & ice Friday night. Had some enjoyable, crunchy runs on trails. So quiet & beautiful out. Ankle deep creek crossing in the first mile this morning at 23 degrees was a little chilly!

No comments: