Coach Spencer Runs in the Woods

Coach Spencer Runs in the Woods

Monday, June 14, 2010

Bye Bye Gall Bladder

I felt fine Friday. I ate a large dinner, but it wasn't that big. Felt full. By 9:30 PM Friday, I felt bad. Threw up at midnight. At 1:30, woke Jennifer up and told her I had to go to the ER for my stomach. Passed out in the waiting room from the pain. Worst internal pain I've ever felt. In & out of consciousness for a couple of hours. Took 4 hours for me to be seen by a doctor.

Ended up having an inch wide gall stone. They took the whole gall bladder out Saturday afternoon. I wonder how much of my "stomach problems" over the years have been more about this gall bladder. I've thrown up in more races in the past 10 years than I haven't. We'll see.

Recovery's going well, but I can't run for a week and didn't run much last week after the Black Mountain Monster, so that'll be 2 weeks off basically. Really itching to run.

No comments: